Monday, July 20, 2009

July 19th

Well, we were supposed to leave the hotel at 8:45 (I think), but there is something going on with the way the trailer is hooked up to the van and how the lights work, so Aaron was working on it. (we got the trailer fixed today!) We left about 10 or 5 ‘til 9 and drove about 2 ½ hours to Pittsfield, MA. The show there was at Berkshire Community College, and the stage was amazing. It was a real theater, so there were wings and great backstage space and the floor was just right for Dwarf-style walking. :) We had lunch when we got there and then unloaded. Lunch was sandwiches and chips and this fantabulous chicken noodle/vegetable soup. I just ate the other half of my Panera sandwich from the night before (which was great) and some soup. I don’t remember all the details of yesterday, but nothing really exciting happened. After lunch, load in and tech we hung out for about 30 minutes and then got ready for the show. The show as at 5:00, and they didn’t open the doors until about 4:55. The audience as not that big…mom said it was 100-150…but it looked small in the big auditorium. They were good, but not great. They laughed a little, and we didn’t get to talk to them (which always lets you know how much they liked it, which they might have even if they don’t laugh much) because only Lucy and Aslan signed autographs. :( I actually signed 8, even though we weren’t supposed to. My jobs for putting up/taking down set are to do the wardrobe, Tumnus house and Witch’s throne. I usually load the prop box after the shows and sometimes take down curtains. We weren’t using the curtains, and we got the wardrobe and Tumnus house taken down during intermission. The Witch’s throne was halfway down, so I did that, and then started collecting the props. Only me, Jonny and Lizzy were done getting costumes off and back on stage to get set going. These 2 little girls came in and all the way up to the stage and their dad (I assume) asked if we were on the crew, and I said we were cast AND crew, so yes. The girls wanted me to sign their shirts, so I did. It was only 2, and I had done all my jobs and was doing extra, so I took a minute. Then another girl came in and I signed her program and then the other 2 got their programs out and then a man handed me a program, so I signed it too. After that a lady with a little boy brought me a piece of paper and then a little girl brought me another shirt. It only took about 2 minutes, and only Katie P came out during then and saw me, so I hoped I wouldn’t get in trouble. There was so little left to take down, and they came right to the stage, so I just wanted to talk to them for a minute, and ended up signing a bunch of stuff. Yeah. Anyhow, after that we got in the van with our Subway (MORONS!!) sandwiches that they ordered for us during the show. We drove for 3 hours and got to the (TOTALLY AMAZING!!) hotel at 12:04. There was a bride and groom that had just gotten there in a big SUV type of limousine. The hotel was sooo pretty. The walls were light green and the perfect blue that I want to paint my room. Right when you walk in there were 2 couches and a coffee table and beyond that was a big breakfast area with cloth napkins folded on the table and the silverware all set out and long white tablecloths…altogether awesome. There was only one elevator working, and it was kind of slow, so it took a while to get in our rooms and settle in. When we got into the room my mouth dropped open. It was freezing, but that’s not why. It was really big, and there was a long desk along one wall with a great big flat screen tv on it. It was all very modern, cool looking furniture, and the beds were so soft and comfy. I stayed in bed this morning until we had 20 minutes to be at the van, it was that good. So, that’s all for yesterday. Today we did 2 shows in Ocean City, NJ. All went well, and we are all staying in host homes tonight. The house we are at is wonderful. It is right near the ocean and it is so big and the furniture is so pretty (primarily blue!) and the people are so nice. We got to meet them at the show this afternoon. Anyhow, great day, hopefully great night. Right now the others are watching the tape of the LWW play they did 2 years ago, when the Griffiths were in it. Don't know why we turned on a movie at midnight, but hey...

2 comments:

  1. We are loving these updates!

    William and Laura got in the car laughing yesterday, so I think they had a fun time. I had them worried this morning that they would be late and get a....DEMERIT! (horrors) But they slid in at 8:29. Good thing I looked at my email MOnday morning, I thought it started at 9 like it used to!

    They got in the sprinkler yesterday, and played basketball and other stuff. William had a shower last night. He is a good boy. We had steak for supper--hope he doesn't think that is the norm! They made cookies that were GOOD! Laura gets along as well with him as Timothy.

    There are some girls in the touring choir that look like they're 20. Honestly. Laura looks like a baby next to them. But she is going to sing her heart out, you betcha. There are some other little guys--I don't think William is the smallest. Hey, I need to ask your mom about borrowing his red tie for Timothy! Y'all don't have any small black skirts, do you?

    Also, do you want me to order William some smart cards? Davidson Co? How many? I will tell them tomorrow if you let me know...

    I am enjoying my time in town while I wait for the kids in choir. Running errands without any tag-a-longs is very nice. I am actually sitting in Panera with a cup of coffeeeeee! Just trying to have as much fun as Susan, hee hee.

    William says Todd can say "William." Nobody is going to like that, since he won't say any of his siblings' names.

    Enjoy PA and VA! I'll bet it's pretty! Remember Monticello? That was so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, you win the longest comment award!! William said that Laura was making cookies when I called yesterday, and I told him to eat one for me. :)

    I know we have the red tie, and I'm sure we have some skirts...but I'll ask mom. I'm sure we want some smart cards...I'll either call you in the morning or mom will.

    It is so lovely here. VA is gorgeous, and in Maine and NJ we were in great little beachy towns. I think I slept through PA on the way up, so I'll have to stay awake tomorrow. Well, I did see some of it...I got pics of the sunrise. :)

    ReplyDelete