Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 20th

We left the hotel at 8:30 and drove about, oh, I have no idea…it seems like it was 2 hours, but I really don’t know. The fantabulous hotel we were at didn’t have a complimentary breakfast, so it was $12.95 or McDonald’s. We went with McDonald’s. I ate a cinnamon bagel that mom had in the van and I only got hot chocolate at McD’s. We got to the place in Ocean City, NJ at about 11:00, going on 12:00. We had lunch, which was sandwiches and pasta salad, then we loaded in and set up and ran tech and did mic checks and then went to get our costumes and makeup on and then showtime!! (yes that was intentionally run-on ish) We did a 2:00 show and a 7:00 show, so we had a little free time in between, which was nice. Both shows were great. Thad messed up one line a little, which was pretty funny. The first show was kind of crazy because we had to change around some entrances because we only had wings enough for people on one side. Some scenes were flip-flopped entirely, and some were halfway flipped and then got turned around. For the second show, we agreed that when we entered from the opposite side from usual, you just go to you regular places from that side. It worked much better for the second show. We stayed with a lovely lady in her summer home, which is a gorgeous beach house. You can see the beach from the deck on the 3rd floor, as it was just one block away. It was so lovely there…the house was decorated so perfectly and it was just a wonderful place to be. I’d love to stay there all winter when they live in PA!! She fed us home-made brownies with whipped cream when we got there, and breakfast casserole for breakfast. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. Well, I guess I should go to bed now. We are in a home again tonight, a very nice home…and I have my own room!! By the way, we are getting home tomorrow!! 9:00pm -ish, I think. Then we are leaving on Sunday to do a show in AR and coming back on Monday. (Oh, yes, Mrs. Alice, I forgot to get that info from Mr. P…I’ll send him an email right now…)

No comments:

Post a Comment